The production procedure is really easy, you just need to follow the techniques that we have written on this page. The adhering to are the stages of just how to cook Fiesta Chicken Casserole.
You’ll only need 2 cups of pasta for this chicken casserole so it’s a great way to use up those little amounts.
I will either use a Rotisserie chicken or leftover shredded/chunked chicken. You could even use some leftover taco meat too! Shredded pork or whatever else you have. As long as you use 2 cups of whatever meat you choose.
We’ve been making a lot of Mexican beef casseroles, so I thought it was time to try a Mexican chicken casserole. This is very similar to King Ranch Chicken but with rice.
This is a really quick weeknight meal. I used some leftover rotisserie chicken for the casserole and it came together in less than 5 minutes. This was great! We both cleaned our plates and went back for seconds. It was hard to stop eating. It was even good the next day for lunch. Next time I make this (there will be a next time) I might use Doritos instead of plain tortilla chips. I think that would put this over the top!
How to make a fiesta chicken casserole
Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
While it’s cooking mix the salsa, sour cream, and spices in a large mixing bowl.
Add the drained and warm pasta into the sour cream mix and stir together.
Add in the corn, black beans, chicken, and 1 cup of the cheese. Give it a good stir and then spread into a 9×13 casserole dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
Cover with tin foil and let it bake.
I love to top this casserole with chopped tomato, green onion or cilantro, and avocado slices.
- cost per recipe: $23.47
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Pace® Picante Sauce – Medium
- 1 can Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup or Campbell’s® Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 2 packages (12 ounces each ) frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 cans (12.5 ounces each ) Swanson® Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (about 14 ounces) refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts), at room temperature
How to Make It
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Stir the picante sauce, soup, sour cream, cheese, corn, chicken and beans in a large bowl. Spoon the chicken mixture into a 3-quart shallow baking dish.
- Unfold the pie crusts on a lightly floured surface. Lay the crusts side-by-side so that they overlap by about 3 inches in the center. Press the seam to seal. Roll the pie crust into a 14 x 10-inch rectangle. Place the pie crust over the chicken mixture. Trim the excess crust. Press the crust to the rim to seal. Cut several slits in the crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
Thank you for visiting our blog. With any luck the guidelines for making Fiesta Chicken Casserole dishes over can be helpful for you. As well as don’t neglect to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch listed below, and also share it with all your buddies.