The manufacturing process is really easy, you just need to comply with the techniques that we have actually written on this page. The adhering to are the stages of exactly how to prepare Gluten Free Salt and Pepper Tofu.
Light, crisp, delicious Salt and Pepper Tofu is just like your favourite restaurant!
- 400 grams firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons whole Sichuan peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons sea salt flakes
- 6 tablespoons cornflour
- 0.5 teaspoon black pepper powder (optional)
- 0.5 teaspoon chilli powder* (leave out for nightshade free)
- Vegetable oil
- Coriander for garnishing
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons tamari (or other gluten free soya sauce)
- 0.25 teaspoon sesame oil* (leave out for sesame free)
- Pinch sugar
- Cut the firm tofu into bite size pieces and place on paper towels or a tea towel to drain and dry
- Place a heavy bottomed frying pan on a low to medium heat and add the whole Sichuan peppercorns. Toast until they are lightly coloured and you can smell them. Place the whole Sichuan peppercorns in a mortar and pestle or small blender and grind to a powder, add the sea salt flakes and grind a little more. The result is Sichuan peppercorn salt
- Add the vegetable oil to the heavy bottomed frying pan – just enough to cover the bottom of the pan. Heat the oil on a medium heat
- Place the cornflour on a large flat plate add two teaspoons of the Sichuan peppercorn salt, ground black pepper and chilli powder (if using) and mix well. Toss the piece of tofu in the cornflour mixture and add to the hot pan. Fry until the tofu is golden and crisp on both sides
- Drain the cooked tofu on kitchen paper and sprinkle with a little more Sichuan peppercorn salt
- To make the dipping sauce mix the lime juice, tamari, sugar and sesame oil in a small cup and decant in to a suitable dipping bowl
- Serve the tofu sprinkled with coriander and thinly sliced red chilli with the dipping sauce on the side.
Thanks for visiting our blog. With any luck the directions for making Gluten Free Salt and Pepper Tofu dishes over can be useful for you. As well as don’t neglect to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch listed below, as well as share it with all your friends.tn