The production procedure is extremely simple, you simply require to follow the approaches that we have composed on this web page. The complying with are the phases of exactly how to prepare Traditional Greek Moussaka recipe (Moussaka with Béchamel).
The traditional Greek moussaka recipe calls for either lamb mince or a mix of lamb and beef. But if you can’t handle its strong flavour and prefer a lighter version try substituting with good quality beef or veal mince. To prepare the meat sauce for this moussaka recipe, the ground beef is sautéed in olive oil, flavoured with onions and garlic and then simmered in red wine and tomato sauce.
- 6 eggplants
- vegetable oil (for frying the eggplants)
For the meat sauce:
- 750g beef or lamb mince (26 ounces)
- 2 red onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400g/ 14 oz.)
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 glass of red wine
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- a pinch of cinnamon or one cinnamon stick
- 1/4 of a cup olive oil
For the béchamel sauce:
- 900ml milk (3 and 1/2 cups)
- 120g butter (3.5 ounces)
- 120g flour (3.5 ounces)
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 2 egg yolks
- 100g Parmigiano-Reggiano or Kefalotyri (3.5 ounces)
- To prepare this Greek moussaka recipe, begin by preparing the eggplants. Remove the stalks from the eggplants and cut them into slices, 1 cm thick. Season with salt and place in a colander for about half an hour.
- Rinse the eggplants with plenty of water and squeeze with your hands, to get rid of the excessive water. Pat them dry and fry in plenty of oil, until nicely colored. Place the fried eggplants on some paper, in order to absorb the oil. (For a lighter version of the traditional Greek moussaka try drizzling the aubergines with some olive oil and bake them for 20 minutes instead of frying them).
- Get Full Recipe => www.mygreekdish.com
Thanks for visiting our blog site. Ideally the guidelines for making Traditional Greek Moussaka recipe (Moussaka with Béchamel) recipes above can be valuable for you. And also do not fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button listed below, and share it with all your pals.tn