Hi, welcome to our recipe blog. Below you can get a guide on how to make very tasty Zucchini Fritters with Garlic Herb Yogurt Sauce dishes. The manufacturing process is really easy, you just need to follow the methods that we have actually composed on this web page. The following are the stages of just how to prepare Zucchini Fritters with Garlic Herb Yogurt Sauce. Please follow the directions well.
Delicious Zucchini Fritters with Garlic Herb Yogurt Sauce Recipes
Garlic Herb Yogurt Sauce
- ½ cup plain Greek or regular yogurt
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 heaping teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (2 small or 1 large zucchini)
- 1 cup shredded sweet potato (1 small, peeled)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 large Eggland’s Best eggs
- 1 heaping teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup cornmeal
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Make the yogurt sauce by whisking all of the yogurt sauce ingredients together except for the salt and pepper. Taste, then add salt/pepper to your taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make the fritters: Place the shredded zucchini, sweet potato, and onion in a large strainer. Top with 1 teaspoon salt and mix it around with a large wooden spoon. Press down with your hands to begin draining some of the water from the vegetables. Let that sit in the sink for a few minutes. Meanwhile, line a large bowl with paper towels or a clean dish towel (easier to use a towel!). Place the vegetable mixture in the bowl and top with more paper towels or fold over the dish towel. Begin pressing down; you need to get out as much liquid as possible. Grab more paper towels or a new dish towel as needed. Note: you can also simply wring out the vegetables in the dish towel over the sink. Just keep wringing! Let the vegetables sit in the towels for 45 minutes, then press again. The goal is to remove as much moisture as possible. Otherwise, the fritters will be soggy. You will be amazed how much water you wring out!
- Whisk the eggs together in a large bowl. Once beaten, whisk in the garlic, parsley, mint, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Fold in the vegetables, then add the cornmeal and cornstarch until everything is combined.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, use a fork to scoop up around 2 Tablespoons of the zucchini mixture (I always eyeball the amount). There may be liquid pooling in the bottom of the bowl, so make sure you use a fork so the excess liquid isn’t in your fritter. Place the mixture onto the hot skillet and flatten with a spatula. Repeat with a few more, making sure not to overcrowd the skillet. Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate until finished.
- Serve warm fritters with yogurt sauce.
- Make ahead tip: These fritters are best cooked and eaten right away. They make great leftovers stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Reheat by placing on a lined baking sheet under the broiler for a couple minutes. Freeze fritters for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat as directed before.
Thanks for seeing our blog site. With any luck the instructions for making Zucchini Fritters with Garlic Herb Yogurt Sauce dishes above can be valuable for you. And do not neglect to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch listed below, as well as share it with all your good friends.